Lake Forrest Prep, an Orlando private school, believes in the importance of spending quality time with the family. Having a Family Fun Day is, well, fun! Setting aside each weekend to do something new together is a great way to enjoy family time. Here are five fun and FREE things your family can do for Family Fun Day.
- Library Story Time: Do you live near a library? Most libraries and even bookstores have a set schedule of story time each week for free. Although your child may have books at home, a librarian can expand their knowledge by introducing new books. Furthermore, spending time with other children can help with your child’s social skills.
- Plant Nursery: Spending time outdoors is essential for children of all ages. Take your child to a local nursery and have them explore the different plants. You can also buy your child some seeds of their choice and help grow it at home.
- Pet Store: Whether your child prefers small animals or big animals, we can’t deny that children take interest in them. Take your child to a pet store and have him or her spend time with the various animals. Make the trip engaging by asking questions like what kind of food an animal eats.
- Hiking Trail: Being outside is vital for children’s health. Introduce your child to hiking as it’s a great way for them to use their energy freely. There are websites you can use to discover the closest paths near your neighborhood. Be sure to pack some energizing snacks and a bottle of water for you and your child.
- Local Firehouse: Firehouses have always been a big part in many of the books and TV shows that children read and see. Taking your child to visit the neighborhood fire station will let them see the vehicles, flashing lights, uniforms, and possibly even the spotted dog! Call ahead as many stations offer tours and programs for children.
Spending time together as a family doesn’t have to cost a fortune. No matter where the location may be, there are endless ways to spend time together without the kids feeling bored. For even more fun family ideas, please browse Orlando private school’s Lake Forrest Prep blog.