5 Tips on How to Make Science Fun for Your Kids
More and more schools are encouraging participation in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) programs. Many children don’t have an interest in these particular subject matters, but you can encourage your children and pique their interest in learning more about science. Orlando private school, Lake Forrest Prep, has compiled 5 tips on how you can make science fun for your kids.
- Encourage Curiosity – Young children have a natural curiosity. You can foster this curiosity by asking questions and challenging your children to think outside of the box. Try to introduce fun science games on a daily basis.
- Explore Your Imagination – Look at things in a fun and silly way, and encourage your child to do the same.
- Show Enthusiasm – If you want your child to be excited about education and science, be enthusiastic as well. Your child will match your behavior and want to learn more as well.
- Get Creative in the Kitchen – Create experiments and recipes in the kitchen that the children can help with. It’s a great way to explain science while also being fun.
- Encourage Exploration – Explore science projects and fun activities. For example, you can make paper airplanes and see how each plane flies differently based off of its folds and design.
At Lake Forrest Prep, an Orlando private school, we encourage our students to get involved in STEM programs. To learn more about our private school, contact us today at: 407-331-5144.