5 Apps for the Student in Your Life
With the growing use of technology, children of all ages have used or seen what the latest electronic devices can do. Since so many children have smart-phones and tablets, why not download some apps that will help them educationally? Here is a list from Lake Forrest Prep, a private school in Orlando, of the top 5 apps that benefit your child and their education.
- Self-Control: It is not just children who can become easily distracted from our surroundings when we are in the middle of an important task. Introducing your child to app Self Control can help block out distracting websites for a certain amount of time, allowing your child to focus. Download now to prevent social media from getting in the way of homework.
- Math’s Alarm Clock: Does your child hit the snooze too many times? How about making them solve a math problem to turn the alarm off? This unique app forces users to get up and correctly answer the problem to stop the alarm. No more worrying about being late to class!
- The Oxford Dictionary: Every child should have immediate access to a dictionary. There are countless times we listen to a lecture or read a book and come across a word we don’t understand. No matter what subject your child is studying, this handy app can improve their vocabulary in seconds.
- RealCalc Scientific Calculator: Has your child ever accidentally left their calculator at home? This app is perfect for the student who needs a scientific calculator. This app is ideal for mathematics and science classes and can even aid them in their assignments at home.
- ExamTime: This is probably the most beneficial and useful app of all the ones we listed. ExamTime allows you to create online flashcards, online notes, and quizzes. Using this app is a great way for your child to organize their notes, keep track of what they study, and develop effective studying skills.
As you can see, technology doesn’t have to be a hindrance when it comes to studying. Expand your children’s knowledge by helping them focus on their studies electronically. For even more ways to help the student soar academically, browse the blog from Lake Forrest Prep, a private school in Orlando.